Electrolux is a global leader in domestic appliances. The company produces 60 million products every year to help households with cooking, cooling, cleaning, and home care. Its brands include AEG, Electrolux, Frigidaire, and Zanussi. Electrolux’s European and global Headquarters are in Stockholm.
The Business Challenge
Business Area Europe had set up an Ownership Solutions function with the aim of putting the consumer at the heart of the Electrolux business to drive positive customer experience and additional revenues from the aftermarket.
Working closely with Consumer Care and Marketing, Ownership Solutions were making excellent progress on business transformation. However, the central management team wanted to go more quickly with the development and roll-out of a new range of services.
As a result, they appointed Chris Dunn Consulting to help them create their Pan-European services portfolio. Then, to market and launch these services throughout Europe. And finally, to support the sales process online and through Electrolux’s contact centres.
How Chris Dunn Consulting helped Electrolux
Over a period of just over 2 years working from Stockholm and travelling throughout Europe Chris Dunn Consulting:
1. Reviewed market research, consumer insights studies, and business capabilities in order to create a coherent and connected range of services to address consumer needs at each stage of the ownership cycle
2. Tested the feasibility of supporting these services in the market using the organisation’s after-market delivery structure
3. Briefed the marketing communication and digital teams to create pan-European Electrolux and AEG assets.
4. Agreed with the management team within Ownership Solutions a harmonised approach to presenting and delivering the core value propositions of the services in 9 European clusters.
5. Worked with the Consumer Care team to put in place D2C personal selling teams with training and tools to add sales to simply outstanding consumer service
6. Continued to liaise with Marketing and Consumer Experience in order to fine-tune the services based on analytics and consumer feedback.
The Business Benefits
Chris Dunn Consulting acted as a catalyst for change to accelerate a transformation in the European aftermarket business, which has led to:
1. Launch and roll-out of consumer-centric, branded services designed to match customer needs and differentiate Electrolux from their competitors
2. Enhanced use of digital to drive self-service, sales and consumer feedback
3. Improved consumer satisfaction as measured by Net Promoter and Customer Effort Scores
4. Increased aftermarket revenues
Christopher Duncan, Vice President Ownership Solutions, commented:
“Chris has been one of the key persons in driving the transformation of our European aftermarket business. We appreciated his constructive approach, positivity, transparency in giving feedback, and his very high professionalism”Christopher Duncan, Vice President Ownership Solutions, Business Area Europe, Electrolux
If you are looking for help with any aspect of your digital transformation, customer experience, or monetisation programs, contact me now to arrange your free business consultation.