Are Growing Your Revenues Profitably For The Long Term?
Business development can be challenging.
With the convergence of new technologies and market disruption, I understand the obstacles you may be facing.
And yet with disruption comes new opportunity.
That’s why now may be exactly the right time to re-evaluate your business development strategy.
I can help you make the best strategic choices for profitable long-term growth.
Moreover, I can work with your team on implementation to ensure you avoid common pitfalls and get better and faster results.
Best Business Development Strategies
The best strategies put the consumer at the heart of your business.
The good news is that consumers are seeking a closer, direct relationship with brands they trust.
Increasingly you build and nurture this relationship digitally.
I help you generate increased revenues by:
- Integrating the right commercial offers at the correct points in the customer journey
- Developing your services portfolio to capture opportunities such as subscription services, preventative maintenance, and add-on sales
- Leveraging your ongoing relationship with consumers to increase your D2C sales – including selling finished products
- Making the most of B2B partnerships to generate revenues from third party consumer contacts
Creating The Business Development Right Strategy
Growing your top line incrementally by increasing your prices or improving your sales conversions is part of your day-to-day challenge.
By contrast, business development is the search for entirely new ways of creating value.
For example, through innovation, improved use of technology, or external partnerships.
Business development is exciting. And it can be game-changing.
That’s why the first step of a business development project is often a strategy workshop where we explore the best ideas from across and outside the organisation.
The next step is to prioritise based on agreed criteria such as business value and strategic fit.
Finally, together we create and implement a lean business plan.
Chris is not only a very professional person and a great collaborator,
He’s also extremely experienced in his area of expertise, whether it is aftermarket sales in general or creating a clear service portfolio or specifically selling through contact centres.
Derisking Through Agile Testing
What should work “in theory” sometimes falls flat “in practice”.
Adopting an Agile approach to business development decreases your short-term risk and maximises your long-term chances of success.
Prototyping in this way has helped clients to:
- Understand the likely operational impact of commercial activities on their cost to serve
- Identify gaps in their service portfolios and capture additional opportunities
- Assess the capability of service staff to make product offers following training
- Test the willingness of customers to self-serve digitally
As a result, they’ve been able to learn at a relatively low cost what works and what doesn’t from a commercial, customer experience, and operational point of view.