Code of Practice
Chris Dunn Consulting Code of Practice
My code of practice is your assurance that I work to the highest professional and ethical standards.
I recognise that clients place a high degree of trust in Chris Dunn Consulting, often granting access to proprietary information and sharing highly confidential business plans.
At all times during the consultancy process Chris Dunn Consulting will:
1. Serve clients with integrity, competence, independence, objectivity, and professionalism.
2. Establish with clients realistic expectations of the likely outcomes of our consulting assignments and the benefits that may be derived.
3. Accept only assignments for which I possess the experience, knowledge, and expertise needed to serve clients effectively.
4. Ensure, before accepting any consulting assignment, that I have agreed with clients a mutual understanding of the objectives, scope, time plan, deliverables, and fee.
5. Agree in advance with clients the basis for fees and expenses and charge fees that are reasonable and commensurate with the services delivered.
6. Safeguard all confidential client information and not take advantage of proprietary or privileged information, either for use by myself or another client.
7. Avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of such and immediately disclose to clients’ circumstances or interests that I believe may influence my judgment or objectivity.
8. If such a conflict of interest is identified, take all reasonable steps to protect the interests and confidentiality of each client and offer to withdraw from a consulting assignment if I believe that my objectivity or integrity may be impaired.
9. Neither offer nor accept gifts, hospitality, or services that could create, or imply an improper obligation.
10. Refrain from entering into any agreement or knowingly undertaking any activity which is anti-competitive, contrary to good business practice, or illegal.