Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation (GDHV) is the world’s largest manufacturer of electrical heating. The company is also a significant global leader in ventilation and renewable energy solutions. Its brands include Ability, Burco, Campa, Creda, Dimplex, Faber, Nobo, Redring, Valor, and Xpelair.
The Business Challenge
GDHV was formed through the merger over time of over a dozen separate businesses with historically different structures and operating procedures.
A major integration program is underway which aims not only to standardise systems, processes, and tools, but also to embed and bring to life the 5 core company values.
How Chris Dunn Consulting helped GDHV
Working with a cross-functional project team comprising representatives from Customer Experience, Technical Services, Product Management, Marketing and Sales, Chris Dunn Consulting:
1. Defined a single set of guarantee T&C’s to be used for all consumer products
2. Created business rules to govern extensions to the standard guarantee
3. Clarified the process for managing guarantee durations through the product information database [PID]
4. Supported the digital team as they built an online registration page powered by PID to enable consumers to quickly and easily register their products and receive instant confirmation of their guarantee T&C’s
5. Provided the marketing communication team with “reasons to register” to promote online product registration through online and print media
The Business Benefits
By standardising the guarantee T&C’s across brands and product categories, GDHV now provides greater clarity on what the manufacturer’s guarantee does and does not cover.
Importantly, the new guarantee document forms one single source of truth for customers as well as for GDHV teams right across the division. It is available online, provided automatically at registration and updated in a controlled process.
As a result of this change, it is expected that the volume of guarantee enquiries and claims will reduce.
By creating an online registration system, integrated with the product information database, GDHV now enables its customers to register all products in a simple and efficient process.
Ultimately, having more registered customers will allow GDHV to handle customer support enquiries more efficiently, reach more consumers with safety updates if required, and provide relevant and personalised marketing offers when opted in.
GDHV’s Commercial Operations Director, Chris Page, commented:
“The successful completion of the registration and guarantee project is a major step forward for us. We’ve received excellent customer feedback on the new online registration process. Not only is it simple to use, but it also provides much-needed clarity on our guarantee T&C’s including the customer’s entitlement to extend their guarantee for free on many of our products. We’re continuing to work with Chris on other business transformation projects.”Chris Page, Commercial Operations Director, GDHV